Standard promotion or competition rules
The ‘Promoter’ is The Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (PGDB), Level 8, 70 The Terrace, P O Box 10655, Wellington 6143.
The promotion commences 1 February 2021 at 00:01 NZST and ends 31 July 2021 at 23:59 NZST ‘Promotional Period’.
This promotion is open to New Zealand residents only aged 18 years or older excluding Disqualified Participants.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- The 10 PGDB Board members (view), PGDB office employees (secretariat), and their Immediate Families;
- all people under the age of 18;
- all people who have won a prize during the Promotional Period.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses and children.
- These rules (‘the Rules’) apply to PGDB promotions or competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms and Conditions (‘Specific Rules’), entry is limited to one per person. Where multiple entries are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from owner of a telephone, PC or device) to enter the Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- The PGDB reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- The PGDB reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who the PGDB decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant the PGDB exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification, active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
Winning the prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the Prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice), or in person. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts and any email sent is returned), the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: Three attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to redeem the prize on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the PGDB in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize.
- The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize.
- Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions (‘Specific Terms & Conditions’) the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- The PGDB reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- The PGDB takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short code, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law the PGDB will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside of the PGDB’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, the PGDB has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.
Specific Terms & Conditions
Participants enter by:
- Completing in the competition entry form at www.myreno.nz
- Completing the D.I.Y quiz game hosted at www.myreno.nz
- Multiple entries are accepted through the quiz game and by way of obtaining a special code.
- For the duration of the Promotional Period five Prizes are available on a monthly basis. One prize per month for five months to be drawn on the last day of each month during the Promotional Period.
- The Prize consists of gift cards to the value of NZ$10,000 from the main sponsor (‘the Main Sponsor’), plus additional sponsored products and services. Sponsored products and services are subject to change for each competition and dependent on individual participating sponsors on a monthly basis.
- The Main Sponsor’s gift cards will be delivered to any single physical address in New Zealand. Gift cards issued are subject to the terms and conditions set out by the Main Sponsor. All gift cards contributing to the Prize cannot be exchanged, returned for credit or redeemed for cash.
- All gift cards associated to the Prize are subject to expiry after which any remaining balance cannot be used. The PGDB will not be responsible or liable for the actions, product and content of any merchant, or for any lost, stolen, or expired card(s).
- Prize sponsored products, gift cards and vouchers of lesser value than NZD $10,000 are subject to the terms and conditions set out by the individual suppliers and will be delivered to a single address in New Zealand. Each winner should allow up to 30 days from the date of the prize draw for delivery of their Prize.
- All Prize service components are subject to availability. Where a winner claims free trade hours as part of their Prize, they accept that these are only redeemable on The Winner acceptance of a quoted renovation project from that chosen trade service provider. Only one trade service provider can be chosen as part of the Prize.
- The PGDB will not be responsible or liable for the actions of a service provider, product, content of any merchant, or for any lost, stolen or expired card(s) associated with the Prize.
- All elements of the prize package are non-refundable, non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- The winner for each draw will be determined by a random electronic draw of all valid entries conducted by the Promoter.